I am committed to safeguarding the privacy of my clients and website visitors; this policy sets out how I will treat your personal information. All information has been gathered through purchases of work, interest shown in my work, private tuition, and requests to be added to my mailing list.
If you have any questions about this policy or how I store and use your data then please get in touch via email or post and I will reply to any questions or requests as soon as I can.
Jenny Deans Jewellery
Coburg House Art Studios
15 Coburg Street
Email – email@example.com
I may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
• information relating to any purchases carried out either in person, through exhibitions or through websites, including information relating to any purchases you make.
• information that you provide me for the purpose of subscribing to my email newsletter (including name and email address);
• information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including but not limited to your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation);
• Any other information that you choose to send to me, or is recorded in relation to a specific commission (for example information used for engraving such as children’s names or dates of birth or marriage dates)
• Images of jewellery being worn (only with explicit consent)
• Images of students pieces and students working (only with explicit consent)
Purposes of the processing
Personal information submitted to me will be used for the following purposes;
• Processing your enquiries and orders, including delivery of goods purchased
• Send you invoices and collect payments from you for purchases
• Send you general communications
• Send you my newsletter (which you may opt-out of at any time using the unsubscribe link at the bottom of each email)
• Administer my website
• Secure my website and prevent fraud
• Legal requirements such as Tax Returns
• Images of pieces being worn or students working may be used for marketing and social media (only with explicit consent which can be withdrawn on request)
3rd Party Providers
I only use 3rd party providers where necessary and your information will only be shared with them to the extent of processing your orders or requests. I will never sell your details to any 3rd party. This information will then be subject to their privacy policies.
• Mailchimp for processing mailing lists
• Paypal and iZettle for payments unless otherwise agreed
• Royal Mail and FedEx for delivery of parcels unless otherwise agreed
• Moonfruit, 1and1, and Google Analytics for website traffic
• Microsoft Outlook for email accounts
• NOTH and Made From Scotland for external online orders
• Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for marketing (use of images where consent is in place)
Information on Invoices will be kept for 7 years as required for Tax Purposes, other information will be kept for the duration of the business as required for knowledge of customers previous purchases or until you request for the information to be removed in line with your rights. Information given for inclusion on Mailing Lists will be retained for the duration of the business or until you unsubscribe from the list (which you may do at any time).
You may request for me to provide any personal information I hold about you. Provision of such information will be subject to the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity. I may withhold such personal information to the extent permitted by law. You may instruct me not to process your personal information for marketing purposes, by sending an email to me. You may opt-out of my email newsletter at any time via the link supplied in every email. You may update your information at any time. You have the right to lodge a complaint with the ICO if you feel that any of your data is being misused.
Security of Your Personal Information
I will take all reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse, or alteration of your personal information.